Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Day Light Robbery

Reading in the newspapers about snatch thefts, robbery, rape and murder which seem to occur almost daily in our country...I can't help to think that these are matters which you would think would happen to someone else and not to yourself...until it does happen to you, of course...

My house was broken into last Tuesday. No one was in the house at the time of the incident. I came back from my firm at 7 p.m. on that day and found out that I could not open the door to my house...it seemed to have been locked from inside...I then had to find the keys to the adjacent door...which we hardly use actually, and managed to open the particular door. On reaching inside, I found, true enough, that the door was indeed locked from inside...I didn't see how it could have happen.

At one glance, the living room looked intact...nothing seemed fishy and I still haven't got a clue as to why the door was looked from inside.

I walked to the kitchen and for no particular reasons, turned to glance at the my study room which is located beside the kitchen. To my horror, the ceiling of the room was broken and our ladder was there with debris all around the place. And again in this room too, nothing else was touched. All the things were in its place.

I quickly walked to the other rooms and my fears were confirmed. The two bedooms were in a total mess...my clothes were scattered all around the house...my gold earrings and ringswere gone...my mom's clothes were thrown out of her cupboard too and her cash was gone. It was a sight that I would never forget!

Just this morning, I read the newspaper and there was this news about a guy who murdered a young mother, a 5 year old child and the maid, all for the mere reason of stealing a laptop from the house!

And I was just thinking...Thank God that no one was at my home at the time of the robbery...cash and jeweleries can be replaced but not lives! And to think that there are some insane people out here who don't even know the value of a person's life...that's depressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment