Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the great mothers out there! And this post is a tribute to my mom, who happens to be more complicated than I am or ever will be...

Roses, chocolates, gifts, delightful lunch and dinners to mothers would all be a norm on this day. As for myself, I lazed around the house and watched all the Mother's Day programmes on tv in addition to doing my laundry, shopping, cleaning, etc. My mom left to my grandparent's place on Saturday...again without informing anyone. Yeah, there's something weird going on at my place.

My mother doesn't talk to me...she hasn't been for the past two months, actually. And I have no clue as to why she behaves in that way. I tried talking to her, asking her questions, but all I get is a brusque reply, or a stare. If it was done by someone else, it wouldn't have taken me a few seconds to give a remark, cynical and sarcastic enough to leave the person with a gaping mouth . But when it's done by your own mother, you just have to bear with it, I guess. So much so, that after a while, I stopped trying to communicate with her...I thought she would cool down or come to her senses but to avail. She goes about the house pretending that I don't exist.

So, on Mother's Day I thought of putting a stop to all these. I bought her a dress which caused me a hefty amount and thought of presenting it to her. Little did I know that she went to my grandmother's place a day before and stayed the night over there.

So I waited for her to be back the next day, that is the Mother's Day. She came back about 8 p.m. with a permanent scowl planted on her face. I wished her Happy Mother's Day and gave her the gift I got her. She looked at me, and said, "Why are you giving me? I don't want it." Off she wents to her room, leaving me in the living room with the gift in my hand and a gaping mouth. So much for trying out my luck.

Happy Mother's Day anyway...

2 comments:

  1. I simply wanted to write down a quick word in order to say thanks to you for those wonderful tips and hints you are showing on this site.
    Cheap Women Design Store

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have any video of that? I'd adoration to discover some extra data.
    The Boyfriend Tee Los Angeles

    ReplyDelete